Summer may be over, but it is certainly not forgotten. This tasty vegan version of the traditional cast iron skillet corn bread will make you come back for more. Add a few tomatoes or other fruit or veggie, with a little peanut butter on top (As shown), and you easily have a compete, healthy, and vegan meal. See the ingredients and directions below!
- 1 1/2 Cups Cornmeal
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 3/4 Cups Unsweetened Soy milk
- 2 Tbsp. or 2 Splashes of Unsweetened Soy milk
- 1/2 Cup Silken Tofu
- Preheat your oven to 425 F, and oil a 12-inch cast iron skillet. Place the oiled skillet into the oven to heat.
- With a blender, blend the 1/2 cup of silken tofu and the 2 splashes of unsweetened soy milk until well blended.
- In a large bowl, mix together the tofu and soy milk blended mixture with the 1 3/4 cups of unsweetened soy milk, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. baking powder, and 1 1/2 cups of cornmeal.
- When preheating is finished, remove the skillet from the oven. Pour the contents of the mixing bowl into the skillet, and return the pan to the oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, and check if done with a toothpick. Let cook for 5 minutes, then remove the bread to cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Disclosure. This post may contain affiliate links and ads, commissions from which help to support the publishing of such web content.